Flat Roof Repair, Replacement and Installation in Scottsdale, Phoenix & Nearby Areas
Heat fusion. The challenge of sealing seams in flat roofing materials is sometimes met with the flame from a heat gun.
Experts for residential and commercial flat roofing in AZ
It’s not easy to decide what type of flat roof is best for your building. Some flat roofing treatments are equally suitable for new construction or re-roofing applications, while others are not. Some flat roofing materials offer advantages in large-scale commercial projects, but cause problems on smaller residential roofs. Energy performance, maintenance requirements and installation costs are other factors when choosing a flat roofing material.
Trades Unlimited offers services such as flat roof repair and maintenance and flat roof installations for commercial, industrial and residential customers. We have an experienced team of roofers who can help you select the right type of roof for your home or commercial building, or evaluate your existing flat roof to suggest the proper repairs.
Contact us today to schedule an appointment for a free estimate. We serve customers in Mesa, Phoenix, Scottsdale and surrounding Arizona areas.
Hire a roofing contractor with installation expertise
Even the best roofing material available can fail if it’s not properly installed. That’s why it’s important to hire a roofing contractor with the resources to complete a quality roofing installation. These resources include a courteous, well-trained crew; proper equipment and tools to do the job; and experience with the roofing material you wish to install.
Flat roof solutions for commercial and residential applications
- Spray polyurethane foam (SPF) combines roofing, flashing & insulation. Instead of tearing off an old flat roof, SPF technology enables a contractor to spray on a continuous layer of high-density foam that seals leaks, bridges gaps and forms a waterproof barrier - even around roof penetrations like vent stacks. As a bonus, the cured foam layer has good insulation value, helping to reduce heating and cooling costs. Building owners who want to avoid the mess, disruption and expense of tearing off an old flat roof often find SPF roofing their best option. Once cured, the foam is coated with a sealant that protects against ultraviolet degradation.
Factors to keep in mind with flat polyurethane roofs
- Drainage: If the existing drainage on your roof leaves large ponds on it after a rain, this must be addressed before the new roof is installed. If not, the weight alone from a large amount of standing water will often cause structural damage to your building. Small ponds on at roofs are normal and acceptable; large ones are not.
- Scuppers: These are the objects that protrude through your parapet walls and your water runs through to get off the roof. Scuppers that are not sized properly or that are detailed incorrectly are very common causes of roof leaks.
- Tie-In Areas: These are the areas where a flat and a pitched roof meet. This junction is a very common leak area. If only the flat portion of your roof is being done, a proper tie-in at this junction is critical to prevent leaks. The flat roofing material must extend up the slope and under the pitched roofing material about 12 to 18 inches.
- Roof to Wall Transitions: This is one of the most common areas where leaks can actually be CREATED by the roofer. In the case of a framed building with stucco, while installing a foam roof, there are very specific ways in which wall to roof transitions must be performed.
Get a free estimate for any of our quality flat roof services
Trades Unlimited is experienced in a wide range of flat roof services for commercial, residential and industrial buildings in Scottsdale, Phoenix, Mesa, Glendale, Tempe, Gilbert, Peoria, Fountain Hills, Paradise Valley, Cave Creek and nearby towns and cities. It doesn't matter if you are looking for flat roof repair, or installing a new roof; our professionals will inspect your building, go over all of the options, and answer any questions you may have. We take the time to make sure that you are able to make an informed decision when it comes to protecting your home or business.
To schedule an appointment for a free quote for flat roof replacement, repair, or installation, give us a call at 1-855-557-3607 or send us an email to get started.
Looking for a price? Get a no cost, no obligation free estimate.